Monday, November 9, 2020

Making eBrew Kettle Jackets

As the weather turns colder and as I've begun to convert my system over to electric (still has natural gas option), I've begun lusting over a better insulation for my MT, HLT and BK. They are notoriously lossy during the cold winter brewing months and I've had time to think it might be easy enough for me to work some magic with a sewing machine on some 3mm thick neoprene and some nylon zippers...

#20 Large nylon zipper

Custom Kettle Handle slits Marking cuts

Marked jackets for 20 gallon My HLT/MT

Stephani's MT Stephani's BK

Stephani's HLT New SS Brewtech 30 gallon with jacket

Stephani's final full setup

I started with some bulk 24" x 60" 3mm neoprene from Amazon. I had to get some thick stranded thread and some very heavy duty needles and a walking foot to sew the stretchy neoprene, and it took a while to get used to how to stich some of the seems, but overall, they turned out really great (and I'm getting much better with each one). Now I just need to find some good vinyl printers or possibly have someone custom embroider a large patch with my brewery logo on it...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Blogs