Saturday, November 5, 2016

New SS Brewtech Half BBL BME Fermenter

Today, I finally got a respectable half barrel conical fermenter. I went with the SS Brewtech Brew Master Edition. This represents a huge investment (nearly half of what my full setup cost), but I think it is going to be worth it.

I also got it with the SSTs cooling/heating and neoprene jacket options. Blow-off cane, CIP ball, and handful of other items that all brought the price up. I'm certain that some of my variable results on brews I've done over and over are due to fermentation temps exceeding 75'F. Additionally, this conical should help a lot with trub tastes and dry hopping. Plus, look at all that stainless steel!

Half BBL SS Brewtech BME fermenter Half BBL SS Brewtech BME fermenter

Passivating with TSP and cleaning First brew with new fermenter

Money in the Bank!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Blogs